Alan Cross is now assisting Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment to create a new atmosphere in the ACC!
“There were a lot of songs that were overused,” said Cross. “We’ve cleaned all that up. We used some tried-and-true market radio research to determine Toronto’s favourite radio songs. We found there was a much broader consensus about what music works at a hockey game.” Alan went on to say, “It’s designed to freshen things up… We’ve included a lot of market research in this. We considered (the Leafs have many generations of fans) and it could be a 75-year-old is with his grandson at a game and both will have different tastes of what they think good music is.”
- Fans will be asked to pick their favourite songs and music mixes for Leafs games. They’ll be offered a chance to download favourite music by Leafs players on a team music blog.
- The programming will be heard throughout the Air Canada Centre before, between periods and after the game.
- Fan music research will be conducted at every game to make sure all genres are considered.
- Leafs fan music spotlight will feature the best mix of three hot songs between periods.
- Creation of a Leafs Fan Top 50 songs special download, exclusively for the Leafs and MLSE.