Fred and Mel share their Thanksgiving recipes.
Mels’ Cold Green Salad
Boil the Asparagus and Green beans for no more than 3 minutes. Strain them and wait for them to cool down. Mix in a few minced cloves of garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Stick in the fridge for a few hours. Serve cold. Easy, delicious and cheap. IF YOU WANT TO GET REALLY CRAZY – ADD CHICK PEAS.
Fred’s Baked Potatoe
- 2 1⁄2cups cooked cauliflower (I use frozen, cooked until tender, in the microwave)
- 1cup sour cream (low fat works here, too)
- 3⁄4cup shredded cheddar cheese (full-fat works best)
- 3green onions, finely chopped
- 3 -6slices crumpled cooked bacon or 3 -6 slices turkey bacon
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Chop cooked cauliflower into very small pieces.
- Mix sour cream, 1/2 of the green onions, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon, and salt and pepper to taste in medium bowl.
- Stir in the cauliflower.
- Place in medium baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining green onions on top just before serving.