There are rules when it comes to attending a Christmas party to avoid awkward situations, and most of them SHOULD be common sense. These rules are for the cousins of every Griswold family in the world.
- Don’t Just Show Up – Respond to their invitation. Say that you are coming right away after you’ve received the invitation, the organizers need to know how many people are going to be there.
- Do your research. Is it an ugly sweater party? Formal? Birthday suit? You need to find out. Are you expected to bring food? Snacks?
- Watch yourself. Company Christmas party? Maybe stay away from the tequila and Janice from HR.
- Keep your personal stuff out. Corporate events aren’t time to share anything personal about yourself.
- Stop tweeting. Don’t post any pictures of Janice from HR that Janice doesn’t want floating around the internet. Janice is a party animal. You know this.
Common sense stuff, but someone is always going to be the cousin Eddie