Cage the Elephant, Foals and Silversun Pickups will join forces for a U.S. tour this spring. Dubbed the Spring Fling Rock AF 2016 Tour, it kicks off on March 11th in Fresno, California and will hit 15 cities before winding down on April 1st in Providence, Rhode Island.
Cage The Elephant is supporting its newly released fourth album, Tell Me I’m Pretty, while Foals is pushing its What Went Down record and Silversun Pickups is promoting its recent set Better Nature.
Brooklyn indie rockers Bear Hands have been tapped as openers, according to Consequence Of Sound.
The tour is hitting large venues and Silversun Pickups bassist Nikki Monninger told us a while back how that was different from the clubs in which the band got its start: “It’s just a totally different experience than playing at clubs or theatres. I mean, the people aren’t as close physically, so it’s hard to have a connection as much as if we were playing at a club or a theatre.”
Cage The Elephant singer Matthew Shultz said, “There’s a real sense of camaraderie and a shared philosophy amongst all of us on this tour. We come from all over the world, but we share a love of music and being on the road. These shows will celebrate that spirit.”
Check out the tour dates and a video teaser for the tour below.
- March 11 – Fresno, CA – Save Mart Center
- March 12 – Sacramento, CA – Sleep Train Arena
- March 13 – Bakersfield, CA – Radobank Arena
- March 16 – El Paso, TX – Don Haskins Center
- March 18 – Tulsa, OK – Cox Business Center
- March 19 – Southaven, MS – Landers Center
- March 20 – Johnson City, TN – Freedom Hall Civic Center
- March 22 – Richmond, VA – Richmond Coliseum
- March 23 – Norfolk, VA – Constant Convocation Center
- March 25 – Pittsburgh, PA – Petersen Events Center
- March 26 – Rochester, NY – Main Street Armory
- March 28 – Buffalo, NY – First Niagara Center
- March 30 – Hartford, CT – XL Center
- March 31 – Portland, ME – Cross Insurance Arena
- April 1 – Providence, RI – Dunkin Donuts Center