The Killers formed in Las Vegas in 2001. They made it big with their breakout single “Somebody Told Me.” They have four studio albums: Hot Fuss (2004), Sam’s Town (2006), Day & Age (2008) and Battle Born (2012). It’s been recently announced that they are working with Elton John on their upcoming new album.
Style of Music: Alternative rock
Similar Artists: Muse, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes
5 Trivia Facts:
1. Singer Brandon Flowers has a solo career of his own, with two studio albums: Flamingo (2010) and The Desired Effect (2015).
2. In 2010, The Killers played in front of President Obama at the White House.
3. Bassist Mark Stoermer toured with The Smashing Pumpkins during 2014-2015.
4. They have been nominated for seven Grammy Awards but have never won.
5. The Killers own their own Studio: Battle Borns in Nevada where artists such as Motley Crue and Imagine Dragons have recorded.
All These Things That I've Done
The latest Tweet: