Name of your food truck?
We are part of the Vesta Dinner (474 Dupont Street) Family. Vesta Lunch on Wheels is the mobile branch to give our customers around Toronto an opportunity of having our specials at different locations around the city.
Why did you start a food truck?
Vesta Lunch on Wheels started in order to satisfy our Dinner customers. We wanted to be closer to them in office hours, and we wanted to take it as an opportunity to grow to different locations and meet food truck lovers all over Toronto.
What do you serve?
- Chicken or Beef Tacos served with a spring veggie mix, cheese and our signature Vesta sauce.
- Vesta Sausage with onions, ketchup, mustard and signature Vesta sauce.
- 7oz Ribeye marinated steak with mozzarella, red onions, spring veggie mix and Vesta dressing.
- Chicken or Beef Vesta Burrito (spicy or regular) served with rice or fries, mozzarella, spring mix, tomatoes and our signature Vesta sauce.
- Vesta Lunch Burger
- Grilled Cheese with bacon and fries
Your favorite items on the menu?
7oz Ribeye Steak, I am a big meat eater. One of my favorite moments of the week is when I prepare myself a juicy and cheesy sandwich.
The most popular item on your menu?
Our cheesy and juicy 7oz Ribeye Steak Sandwich
Most underrated? Which do you wish people would take a chance and try?
It is hard to tell, we are very fortunate, because all of our items are valued by our customers.
Craziest food truck story/experience?
One night we where outside a bar in College and Bathurst and one customer came to us saying that because he was such a food lover he wanted to give away 100 grilled sandwiches to anyone at the street. We basically pumped up our production in order to have them ready in half an hour, after he did what he said, he just gave them away and kept a couple for himself.
Where can people find you?
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoon at King and John close to the Royal Alexandra Theatre
- Tuesday and Thursday night outside the Everleigh Club
- Wednesday and Friday afternoon at Church and Bloor
- Wednesday and Friday night at Wellington and Portland
We try to maintain our locations as much as we can, but if anything happens we make sure our page at http://torontofoodtrucks.ca/?s=vesta+lunch is always updated.
Do you have a store/restaurant etc. as well?
Yes, we do. Vesta Lunch Dinner, 474 Dupont St.