UberEATS is turning 2 in Toronto this week! In celebration of their anniversary, UberEATS is getting their hands dirty and digging into Torontonians’ food habits. Uh oh…
When you can have food delivered to your house without getting questionable looks from judgy cashiers, why wouldn’t you order every child’s dream “food” that’s been left alone for the first time?
According to the results, we didn’t embarrass ourselves too bad, we’re just really into chicken. Check out the findings…
UberEATS 2017 Findings
Top Toronto Dishes
- Chicken in its various forms is actually the most popular food item ordered through the app.
• Chicken wings – orders for chicken wings have increased by 854% since January 2017.
• Popcorn chicken has increased in orders by 186%.
- One of the more intriguing findings is that Torontonians love ordering their afternoon tea through the app.
• Milk teas and green teas are some of the most ordered items on UberEATS.
- Tacos are always a favourite food for Torontonians.
• Orders for tacos have increased by 137%
- Asian inspired dishes are also on the rise.
• Fried rice orders have increased by 153%
• Rice noodle orders have increased by 144%.
West VS East
- West enders’ favourite item is Thai food, specifically from Sukhothai (Dundas West)
• UberEATS orders from this restaurant are most popular in the Roncesvalles Village, Liberty Village, Little Italy and Queen West neighborhoods
- East enders’ favour burritos and burgers – with the highest orders coming from Burger’s Priest, or Burrito shops in the Leslieville and Beaches neighborhoods
Top Dish by Neighbourhood
Roncesvalles Village: Chicken Burrito from Burrito Boyz (Queen)
Downtown Toronto: Chef Nuit Pad Thai from Pai
Forest Hill: Quinoa Onion Rings from Fresh on Eglinton
Leslieville: Cheeseburger from Burger’s Priest (Beaches)
Liberty Village: Classic Mac from Bobbie Sue’s Mac & Cheese
Little Italy: Spicy Chicken from Grand Electric
Rosedale: Insalata di Cavolo Nero from Trattoria Nervosa
The Annex: Pizza from PI CO.
The Beaches: Margherita Pizza from Queen Margherita Pizza
The Junction: Jerk Chicken from Jerk King (Bloor/Dufferin)
Yorkville: Lemongrass Chicken Box from Basil Box
Queen West: Sukho THAI Pad Thai from Sukhothai (Dundas West)
UberEATS birthday week promotions
Restaurant partners, delivery partners, and loyal eaters are helping UberEATS blow out their candles next week. To see what UberEATS has planned for their celebration, open the app as of Monday, May 15th to see their full list of sweet (and savoury) $2 specials from some of the city’s best restaurants, available until to May 21.
Still haven’t tried UberEATS? They’ve got an extra present for Torontonians. Use BIRTHDAY2 before you checkout to receive $10 off your first order.