Pepsi and Coca Cola have always been depicted as bitter rivals and have battled for the spot as the worlds number one drink for a long long time. The brutal war between the two fizzy giants has always taken weird turns, and sometimes it has sparked controversy in the media. Two of my interns were arguing over what drink was better and we put out a poll that asked our listeners what drink they preferred. 70% of you said Coca Cola, While the other 30% said Pepsi. This was supposed to end the argument in the studio when we stumbled upon something that happened between Coke and Pepsi almost a decade ago that shocked us.
Back in 2006 someone tried to leak a new recipe of a Coca Cola to the executives of of Pepsi. We heard about this and wondered what would happen if other companies played nice like this?McDonald’s and Wendy’s? What about Starbucks versus every trendy neighborhood coffee shop, like, ever. The list goes on and with the McGregeor versus Mayweather fight creeping ever closer and closer, we wonder how much coercing and bribery it would take for the two to dress up as food mascots.
If you could have any two brands dress up their interns in ridiculous costumes and have them savagely attack each other to determine dominance, who would you pick?