What's In a Name?
7/25/2012 1:58:00 PM
You would probably think that artists spend weeks, sometimes months coming up with clever band names. This is rarely the case. Sometimes it is just a random thought, image, or seemingly miniscule event that solidifies a name in the echelons of Rock History. After doing a little research I have compiled a short list of some Edge artists and how they came up with their band names. Check it out!!!
1) Nickelback – Lead singer, Chad Kroeger, was having difficulty coming up with a name until one day he went to visit his brother, a barista at the local Starbucks. He ordered a coffee, which at the time was $1.95. Of course he gave him $2.00, receiving, yup you guessed it a Nickelback.
2) Puddle of Mudd – In 1993 the band’s rehearsal space was damaged by a Missouri flood, leaving their practice area a muddy mess.
3) Porno for Pyros – Perry Farrel, former Janes Addiction front man came up with the name while watching the 1992 L.A. Riots
4) The Goo Goo Dolls – The band got their name from a True Detective Magazine, after their original name, “The Sex Maggots,” was lacking in popularity. Good choice, fellas.
5) Limp Bizkit – Yeah, I would rather not get into this one…