CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
DEAN BLUNDELL’S “JACK DANIELS” EDGE ADVENTURE #1
1. THE CONTEST AND THE CONTEST PERIOD
Dean Blundell’s “Jack Daniels” Edge Adventure #1 contest (the “Contest”) commences at 12:01am on May 5, 2008 and concludes at 11:59pm on May 18 2008 (the “Contest Period”).
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest is open to residents of Ontario, who are 21 years of age or older, but excluding employees and directors of CFNY-FM, Corus Entertainment Inc. (“Corus”), any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of CFNY-FM or Corus (the “Affiliates”), employees, directors and officers of Brown-Forman (the “Sponsor”), employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as family members of any of the foregoing.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN
To enter, listeners must be members of “THE INSIDE EDGE”. To become a member, log on to www.edge.ca and become a member of “THE INSIDE EDGE” by filling in the online form. Members may then click on the “ENTER NOW/ENTER HERE” link to enter the Contest. On May 19, 2008, one (1) entrant will be randomly selected and contacted by telephone and awarded a trip for two (2) to Nashville Tennessee (the “Grand Prize”). If the entrant selected is unavailable by telephone at the time they are contacted, he or she will forfeit the Grand Prize and another entrant will be randomly selected and awarded the Grand Prize
5. THE GRAND PRIZE
The Grand Prize will include the following:
• Return airfare for two (2) between Toronto to Nashville Tennessee
• Two (2) nights accommodation in Nashville, Tennessee
• A day tour of the JD distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on each of the two (2) days
6. GRAND PRIZE VALUE
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $5,000.
7. DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING GRAND PRIZE
The Grand Prize winner must claim the Grand Prize by 6:00pm on May 26 2008(the “Deadline”). If the Grand Prize winner fails either to claim the Grand Prize or inform CFNY-FM of his or her inability to claim the Grand Prize before the Deadline, his or her entry will be forfeited and another eligible entrant will be selected.
8. LIMITATIONS ON DATES OF TRAVEL
The Grand Prize must be taken between June 13 and June 15, 2008 (the “Travel Period”). Blackout periods may apply. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to travel during the Travel Period, he or she will forfeit the Grand Prize, and another eligible Contest entrant will be selected.
The Grand Prize winner is responsible for all incidental expenses incurred for the purpose of taking or during the trip including, but not limited to, ground transportation not specifically mentioned in paragraph 5, above, airport improvement fees, travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance, connector flights, sightseeing tours, tips, departure taxes, fees and surcharges, excess baggage fees, costs associated with obtaining travel documents, visas, or necessary vaccinations, or items of a personal nature (the “Expenses”). The Grand Prize winner understands that he or she may not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from CFNY-FM, Corus, the Affiliates, the Sponsor or their respective advertising and promotional agencies. The Grand Prize winner and his or her guest are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel documents prior to departure.
10. LIMITATION ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES PERMITTED
Only one entry per person per household is permitted. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
11. CHANCES OF WINNING
Chances of winning depend on the total number or registered Contest participants.
12. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
None of CFNY-FM, Corus or the Sponsor makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from CFNY-FM, Corus or the Sponsor should the Grand Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Grand Prize winner.
13. DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Before being awarded the Grand Prize the Grand Prize winner and his or her guest must:
a) Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question; and
b) Sign a standard form confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these rules and regulations;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of the Grand Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning the Grand Prize; and
- that he or she releases CFNY-FM, Corus, the Affiliates, the Sponsor, and all of their directors, officers, employees, agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability arising in connection with participation in the Contest and acceptance of the Grand Prize, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting the Grand Prize, whether suffered by the Grand Prize winner or his or her guest, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
14. GRAND PRIZE TO BE ACCEPTED AS AWARDED
The decision of the Contest judges is final, and the Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. No portion of the Grand Prize is transferable. The Grand Prize is not redeemable for cash and no substitute for any portion of the Grand Prize is offered. Should the Grand Prize winner be unable to claim the Grand Prize as awarded, his or her entry will be forfeited and another eligible Contest entrant will be selected.
15. SUBSTITUTION OR CHANGE TO THE CONTEST
CFNY-FM, Corus, the Sponsor and their respective advertising and promotional agencies reserve the right to substitute the Grand Prize or any component thereof, for those of approximately the same value and reserve the right to change the Contest rules or terminate or withdraw the Contest at any time, without prior notice.
16. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
All entries shall become the property of CFNY-FM, Corus, the Sponsor and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
17. CONSENT TO USE OF PERSONALITY
By entering the Contest, each entrant, including the Grand Prize winner, consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by CFNY-FM, Corus, the Sponsor, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation. The Grand Prize winner further agrees that his or her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. The entrants understand and acknowledge that CFNY-FM may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
18. CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to CFNY-FM, Corus and the Sponsor to the collection and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Grand Prize winner(s). No correspondence will take place between CFNY-FM, Corus, the Sponsor and the entrants except in connection with the Contest and, in the case of the Grand Prize winner, as a result of entering the Contest and winning the Grand Prize.
19. NO DISRUPTION TO CONTEST
All Contest entrants agree to respect the entry process and the operation of the Contest as outlined in these rules and regulations. CFNY-FM, Corus or the Sponsor may disqualify or ban from future contests any Contest entrant or person who CFNY-FM, Corus or the Sponsor believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, or behaving with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person associated with CFNY-FM, Corus or the Sponsor. Any attempt to deliberately damage a website or to undermine the legitimate operation of a contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should any such attempt be made by a Contest entrant or other person, CFNY-FM, Corus and the Sponsor may seek damages or other relief from such Contest entrant or other person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
20. WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These rules and regulations are available online at www.edge.ca “The Inside Edge”.
21. COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All contestants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of CFNY-FM, Corus and the Sponsor.
22. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited by law, and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.